Experimenting the built-in sensing and feedback feature of the BOS1901-Kit
Here is a detailed procedure to experience the BOS1901-Kit sensing and feedback feature:
- Start with all DIP Switches set to OFF (out-of-the-box configuration).
- Make sure to connect the TDK PowerHap 2.5G piezo actuator on channel A when first using the kit (red wire on HV+ and black wire on HV-).
- Plug the USB connector, and wait for the green LED to be ON and the red LED to be OFF (this will take about 10 seconds).
- Then you can push on the piezo actuator just as if it was a button. You will feel a click.
- With switches 5, 6 and 7 all set to OFF this “click” might be too subtle.
- Turn all switches 5, 6 and 7 to ON and then push the piezo again; the feeling should be clearer and stronger, and require less pressure to trigger.
- You can then try various setting combinations for switches 5 to 7 to see how it affects the feedback.
- If all the above goes well, then plug the piezo to channel B, and set SW3 to ON and SW4 to ON.
- As you gradually apply pressure on the piezo, you will feel 3 events: 1 click, another click a bit stronger, and then a buzz. If you have trouble distinguishing all 3 events, set SW7 OFF to decrease the sensitivity.